[SOLVED] Wireless connection randomly stops working wired works fine

Jul 30, 2019
My wireless connection randomly stops working my connection will go from "connected, secured" to "No internet, secured" it keeps doing this about 7 times a day and only way to fix it is by turning the wireless off on the router for 20 seconds and then turning it back on however my wired connection still works fine when the wireless stops working.

Modem: NBN wireless modem
Router: TP-LINK. MODEL: TL-WDR4300
Connected devices: pc and tv
ISP: Activ8me

Solution
Update: ended up fixing it the problem was that my wireless had wrong region set so I logged into my router settings and changed the region to correct one and no more disconnecting!
I've suffered that annoying problem myself --- ethernet fine but WiFi connectivity regularly disappearing until I restarted the router.

What fixed it? ---- a new and more reliable router which meant avoiding all the budget-priced ones so I opted for a wall-mounted Billion router. I've now been using it for 5 years and WiFi has been solid as a rock.

Reactions: Gahkl
Jul 30, 2019
Update: ended up fixing it the problem was that my wireless had wrong region set so I logged into my router settings and changed the region to correct one and no more disconnecting!

Solution