[SOLVED] Wireless connection to L360 Printer

russelbrown

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Hi. I'm having problem in sharing a printer with wireless connection from end user.

I have PC1, PC2 and a L360 Printer. L360 Printer is not capable in wireless connection.

So what I did, L360 printer is connected to PC1 via USB Printer Cable connection and the PC1 itself having a LAN Cable connected to the ROUTER.
While PC2 is having a wireless connection to the ROUTER.

I've done all the sharing setup in PC1 and PC2. PC2 already detected the printer from PC1 but when I tried to do the TEST PRINT from PC2 it will show a CONNECTION ERROR.

Does the L360 printer has its own IP address? bcause I wanna try to manually connect using the IP address of printer from PC2.
And where do I find the IP address of the printer?

Hope you can help me. Thanks

Printer sharing is pretty simple: YOu make sure the printer works on PC1, you share it, give permissions, and voila. If PC2 can access files on PC1, then it should also be able to print on that printer.

In that setup, the printer does not have its own IP address. Stand-alone print servers (with "Ethernet" or WiFi on one end, and "USB" at the other) do have their own IP address.

Reactions: russelbrown

russelbrown

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Printer sharing is pretty simple: YOu make sure the printer works on PC1, you share it, give permissions, and voila. If PC2 can access files on PC1, then it should also be able to print on that printer.

In that setup, the printer does not have its own IP address. Stand-alone print servers (with "Ethernet" or WiFi on one end, and "USB" at the other) do have their own IP address.

Hi, thank you for your response but I already tried to TEST the printer in PC1 and it's working but when I try to PRINT it in PC2 the error shows ERROR CONNECTION. Unless if the PC2 is connected via LAN cable it should work without any problem but the PC2 using wireless connectivity to the ISP Modem.