Wireless Connections not working properly while gaming

Slaren

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
For some time now i've had an issue with ping in which if i play low requirement games i'd get normal ping but if i push my rig too much for some reason the ping spikes at double its usual and also has lag spikes added to that making everything unplayable. Might the the wireless adapter but im not sure, help please.

Slaren

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Black Ops 3, everything on max running at 120fps, i have an 8core 4.0ghz AMD FX 8350, and for GPU i have an AMD Radeon HD 7800, and 8gb of ram. Its not just 1 game, now that i kept testing different games, its everything, also ran ping tests with CMD and i get random "Request timed out" and the next message reports a 1500ms ping spike when its usually 27ms. I have no idea what's wrong with it.

If pinging an IP produces inconsistent results the first thing i would do is hard wire a connection and monitor that. If it ran great then i'd know it was my wifi signal. If it still produces the same results then i would know it was my ISP dropping the ball.

Very impressed that your HD 7800 is still pushing >120FPS. I'd have been tempted to blame that for your poor performance.

Slaren

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Thing is my PC is quite far away from the router/modem, i have a wire long enough to connect to it but i cant keep it like that since it'll basicly cross an entire hallway and i'll get complaints about it. I'll see if i can connect it for a while and check if that's the issue. Im betting its the wifi adapter that's screwed though... since it hasnt been long since i actually used an ethernet wire and it ran way smoother than with the adapter. The adapter has 3 antennas, can that be related to the issue? just wondering.