Wireless Connectivity: No Internet access

Elle__

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Hi. For several days I've been having problems with wireless internet. I was on one network, then an advanced version of that same network [provided by the internet provider, due to problems with the original network], and now an average version of that same network [also provided by the internet provider]. I have had no problems logging in, the signal quality appears to be four of five bars, but.. I get "No Internet access". I have troubleshooted [through Network > Wi-Fi Settings > Status], getting "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (www microsoft com) is not responding". At one point I was prompted to reboot the computer, thus repairing problems, and I did. The problem remained.

I have gone into Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections, and diagnosed the problem there.. [this may have been where Windows Network Diagnostics offered "Try these repairs as an administrator", because I'm backtracking as I write.. The problem that was found, "Possible Solution: Networking Reset".. After doing this as an administrator, I got, "We were unable to detect your networking issue, however we can reset your computer's network configuration for you as a possible resolution. This will remove any virtual adapters you have installed and will reset all network settings to their default values. Your machine will reboot after this action, please save any open files before continuing" The options for continuing are "Apply this fix. This will reboot your computer" "Skip this step. Continue trying to fix the problem" or "Cancel [at the bottom of the window]".. I did both options.. the first was a pain in the butt!! Windows has no problem installing updates at random, but when you want to reboot your computer, it doesn't happen immediately, you're prompted that the computer will reboot in FIVE minutes!! Like I said, after doing both, the problem still hasn't been fixed.

I have also gone into Device Manager > Network Adapters, right clicked on the one labeled "Wireless Adapter", went into Properties, and "Device status: This device is working properly."

I went to Google [on a different computer], and there was an article "Symptoms of a Failing Wi-Fi Card" by chron com. One of the things they suggested was going into Command Prompt, typing “ping 127.0.0.1”, which I did, and I got

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Revieved = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

A previous site I looked at suggested pinging www google com [with the "."], the results were

Pinging www google com [I'm guessing IP address] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for [I'm guessing IP address]:
Packets: Sent = 4, Revieved = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I did the same thing for Google with a different computer, which relies on not-wireless internet, but is logged in to wireless in case a wire gets knocked or something,

Pinging www google com [I'm guessing IP address] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from [I'm guessing IP address]: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for [I'm guessing IP address]:
Packets: Sent = 4, Revieved = 1, Lost = 30 (75% loss),
Approximate round trip in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 10ms, Maximum = 10ms, Average = 10ms

Based on the information provided, does the problem seem like there's something wrong with the computer, or there's something wrong with internet?

*I have also done the following
1. Go to "Settings".
2. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
3. Now click "Manage known networks".
4. Select the WiFi connection you want to remove.
5. Click the "Forget" button.
6. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.
7. Once the computer is fully reloaded again go to "Settings".
8. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
9. Now click "Manage known networks".

but the network I have been told to use was already an option, I just had to resubmit the password, which I did, and the problem still exists.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts