Wireless devices not working.

Dec 9, 2013
I am having the following problem ever since upgrading to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8.

At first, it happened with my bluetooth and now the exact same thing has happened with my Wi-Fi Adapter.

In the morning, the Wi-Fi was working fine & as I turned on my laptop (HP Pavilion G6 2236tx Notebook PC) in the evening, I found that the Wi-Fi was not turning on. On checking Change PC Settings --> Network --> Airplane mode, I was greeted with the message "Sorry, we couldn't find any wireless devices on this computer." I checked Device Manager & I found my Wi-Fi Adapter listed under the list of hidden devices (Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter) & on checking the status, I found this message : "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"

I can live without bluetooth on my laptop, but Wi-Fi is quite essential to me. It would be really helpful is somebody could point me to a solution to this. Thank You.

Solution
If you can locate your Bluetooth drivers/ wireless, update them through device manager or your official PC website (they should have the drivers for your modem PC there)

Windows 8.1 had this issue and I believe they released an update that fixed it. Check windows update once more for all updates and install them to your computer first.

Otherwise you can try uninstalling the wireless driver and rebooting your PC;it should auto detect and reinstall it

Reyaz123

Admirable
If you can locate your Bluetooth drivers/ wireless, update them through device manager or your official PC website (they should have the drivers for your modem PC there)

Windows 8.1 had this issue and I believe they released an update that fixed it. Check windows update once more for all updates and install them to your computer first.

Otherwise you can try uninstalling the wireless driver and rebooting your PC;it should auto detect and reinstall it

Solution

TRENDING THREADS