Wireless display pc and/or laptop on sony dlna wifi hdtv

daredevil_danddd

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
hello everyone,
sorry if i am in a wrong section. i have searched about my problem or so called need enough before posting it here.

i have a home network set up between my desktop pc and my dell xps L401x through linksys wrt54g2 router. i have recently bought a Sony Bravia NX720 3d LED tv with built in WIFI. now i do know i can stream media content to it using dlna media server software like Mezzmo or any other software but i dont want to stream any media file

but i want to view my pc desktop screen on TV without use of HDMI but through wifi. is there any way to use my wifi tv as a wireless display at 1080p? definately i will use wireless keyboard and mouse.. and want to do the same with my dell too without use of hdmi. in any case is it possible??

my need is to work on my documents on a big screen or play games both wirelessly but cant find any help.. so please help. thanx in advance :)

mrhackerly

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Depending on the display adapter included with your system you may have wireless display support. I do know that Intel has a wireless display chipset. A buzz word you might search would be Widi (Wireless Display)