Wireless Docking station.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well In the last few months I been looking into getting a Desktop. Problem is I want to have the plotter at the other side of the room and it uses the old 9 pin serial port. Do they have a wireless docking station. One that plugs into the computer useing pci or usb and another one from the plotter So I dont have to move the plotter closer to the computer or use a extra long cord or buy a laptop? With a docking station.

I am looking at a desktop. So I can use the older hard disk for pictures and computer backups by useing a pci ide port or usb external case for hard drives and a newer hard disks for games high end programs and windows. So if anything lost. It back up.

Let me know Thanks.

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
If you've got an old machine, use it as a print server (use ClarkConnect, or similar).

If you're concerned about backups I wouldn't generally use an "old" hard disk - I'd either use a stack of backup media (DVD-/+R(W)) or buy a newer hard disk.

There may be a wireless print server available, but as far as I know none of them come with 9-pin serials!