wireless equivilent to a crossover cable

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
Can I plug in a wifi card into my machine and set it up as a proxy for my pocket pc without any hub? I'm looking for a cheap way to do this. If it's impossible to forgo the hub then what is the cheapest solution of pci card/hub I need it to be compatible with an 802.11b cf wlan card thanks for the help!

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!

Bardic

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001
I suppose the wireless equivalent would be Ad-Hoc mode. It shouldn't be too hard to get a wifi card that is ad-hoc compatible and set it up, but I don't know if the pocketPC will be configurable for it.

Now what I have done in the past to share internet is:

Internet->into NIC 1 on computer->out of NIC 2->crossover cable->Wireless Access Point->Clients

I do it that way because then I don't have to mess with Ad-hoc, I can expand, and I always have extra NIC cards lying around.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
I thought I'd leave in my ethernet nic for now which connects to my router and just add a wireless nic to ad hoc to my ppcs cf wifi card. I don't know if it is possible to do that tho so I'll ask around thanks for the idea!

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!

TRENDING THREADS