Wireless gaming headet hum

Skids12

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
Just got a Hyperx Cloud Flight a week ago and ever since I hear this weird static hum when turned on. This even happens when the wireless receiver is not plugged in so it probably isn't a wireless connection thing. Is a static hum normal for a wireless headset when not connected to anything but is turned on? Is this just a defective wireless gaming headset?

Ralston18

Titan
I would not expect to hear a hum.

Does the hum change any at all when you move around, go to other rooms, areas, etc.?

Would expect the hum to change if the source is something close by. Turn off surrounding appliances and devices one at a time. Hum may stop with one particular device being the source.

However, if the hum follows the headset - would suspect a defect of some sort.

Skids12

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Skids12 : "Wireless Headset hiss"

Just got a Hyperx Cloud Flight a week ago and ever since I hear this weird hiss when turned on. This even happens when the wireless receiver is not plugged in so it probably isn't a wireless connection thing. Is a static hiss normal for a wireless headset when not connected to anything but is turned on? This is a replacement model, and it the hiss happens to both my previous one and the new one i got as a replacement. The hiss does not change even if I go to different places.

TRENDING THREADS