Question Wireless HDMI?

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
I've recently rearranged my desk at work to a more ergonomic working angle which is great from my point of view, but the area around the back of my desk looks messy because I've got wires all over - my set up is dual monitors connected to both a PC and a Mac Mini. The PC connects to the left monitor via VGA and the right monitor via HDMI, and the Mac connects to the left monitor via HDMI and the right via display port > DVI cable. So each monitor has one HDMI input and one DVI or VGA input, and when I need to switch between the two machines, I jsut change the monitor input.

I'd like to reduce the amount of wires as much as possible; is there a reliable but inexpensive way to replace the cable connections with a wireless solution, such as a wireless replacement for the HDMI cable?

Thanks!

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
https://airtame.com/wireless-hdmi/ <-------here is some good reference material.
Cheers, I'll take a look

Why not use some cable management stuff, cable ties, loops, plastic conduit?
I'm also trying to do that, but my desk is in a part of a room which wasn't originally intended to host a workstation. Therefore, because of where things are positioned under the desk (power, network sockets etc) and the restrictions of cable length, the various wires (as well as those mentioned, there are speaker cables and a usb hub amongst others) go under the desk at 4 different points - so its not as if everything is starting together and running to the same place. Good suggestion though; thank you.