ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello,
I have arctis 7 wireless headphones and I am scared that the headphones will cause some type of damage to me or harm me in someway because they are wireless. are they safe, or should I switch over to wired

From
Ryan

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello,
I was wondering something about my headphones.
I have Arctis 7 wireless headphones and I am scared that the headphones will cause some type of damage to me or harm me in someway because they are wireless. are they safe, or should I switch over to wired. I don’t want any type of frequency to harm me or affect me in a way.

From
Ryan

Nope. There is no way for this to cause damage to you, or at least more damage than your surroundings already do. It uses 2.4Ghz frequency radio waves, which is microwave, and the same range of frequency as all radio and network communications going on around you, including data services and wifi networks. These aren't the gamma rays which tear apart your dna or anything. The most they can do is warm you up a bit by exciting water molecules the same way a microwave oven does, but even that has limited effect since it's not concentrated on a point in your body.

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Nope. There is no way for this to cause damage to you, or at least more damage than your surroundings already do. It uses 2.4Ghz frequency radio waves, which is microwave, and the same range of frequency as all radio and network communications going on around you, including data services and wifi networks. These aren't the gamma rays which tear apart your dna or anything. The most they can do is warm you up a bit by exciting water molecules the same way a microwave oven does, but even that has limited effect since it's not concentrated on a point in your body.
I hope so, I am kind of paranoid and scared of things like that, I hope it won’t cause damage

I hope so, I am kind of paranoid and scared of things like that, I hope it won’t cause damage
It won't
And if it does, then you definitely won't notice it, or won't be able to pin the blame on this random wireless headset. You get exposed to these kinds of radiation all the time from merely existing in an area with wireless connections like the internet, and adding a wireless headset to the mix won't make any noticeable difference. If you're afraid of getting cancer, this is the least of your worries. Going outside and soaking up the sunlight, breathing in the air around you, or eating and drinking will increase your risk factor more.
If it's proven to be dangerous, it's going to have a million different warnings on it.

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
It won't
And if it does, then you definitely won't notice it, or won't be able to pin the blame on this random wireless headset. You get exposed to these kinds of radiation all the time from merely existing in an area with wireless connections like the internet, and adding a wireless headset to the mix won't make any noticeable difference. If you're afraid of getting cancer, this is the least of your worries. Going outside and soaking up the sunlight, breathing in the air around you, or eating and drinking will increase your risk factor more.
If it's proven to be dangerous, it's going to have a million different warnings on it.
You think so? Cuz I also thought it could be dangerous because of the waves

You think so? Cuz I also thought it could be dangerous because of the waves
Not all radio frequencies are dangerous. The kind of rays which can cause cancer are the ones which are so high frequency, the waves are smaller than your individual cells, and can start to break apart molecules like DNA, leading to cancer. These are generally greater than 10^19 Hertz, or 10^10 Gigahertz. wavelength is less than 10 picometers. DNA's width is 2nm, or 2000 picometers. This is the kind of radiation that astronauts experience, and can be deadly quickly, but mostly causes issues later on in life. We do experience some of it here on earth but it's much less, and not anything we can control. The kind of radio frequencies we are talking about here are 2.4-5Ghz. These have wavelengths of about 6cm to 12.5cm (6 * 10^10 to 12.5 * 10^10 picometers, for scale), which is much much larger than your cells or most organs. This is the kind of frequency used by microwave ovens to heat your food. And the reason it works is because it excites the water molecules in the food, heating it up. By all means, it's completely safe. This also applies to wifi, bluetooth, or almost any other wireless dongle. They don't tend to use high frequencies because high frequencies take more power and drop out at shorter ranges, which is just impractical (and becomes potentially dangerous at some point). The fact is, if it's dangerous, it will have warnings. Radio frequencies like this have been around for a very very long time, and no one has really brought up real evidence that it is harmful. Even if it is potentially harmful in the very long run, there are infinitely many things that are potentially equally as harmful or more harmful, and this wireless headset, along with all other wireless products, is the least of your concerns.

Last edited:

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Not all radio frequencies are dangerous. The kind of rays which can cause cancer are the ones which are so high frequency, the waves are smaller than your individual cells, and can start to break apart molecules like DNA, leading to cancer. These are generally greater than 10^19 Hertz, or 10^10 Gigahertz. wavelength is less than 10 picometers. DNA's width is 2nm, or 2000 picometers. This is the kind of radiation that astronauts experience, and can be deadly quickly, but mostly causes issues later on in life. We do experience some of it here on earth but it's much less, and not anything we can control. The kind of radio frequencies we are talking about here are 2.4-5Ghz. These have wavelengths of about 6cm to 12.5cm (6 * 10^10 to 12.5 * 10^10 picometers, for scale), which is much much larger than your cells or most organs. This is the kind of frequency used by microwave ovens to heat your food. And the reason it works is because it excites the water molecules in the food, heating it up. By all means, it's completely safe. This also applies to wifi, bluetooth, or almost any other wireless dongle. They don't tend to use high frequencies because high frequencies take more power and drop out at shorter ranges, which is just impractical (and becomes potentially dangerous at some point). The fact is, if it's dangerous, it will have warnings. Radio frequencies like this have been around for a very very long time, and no one has really brought up real evidence that it is harmful. Even if it is potentially harmful in the very long run, there are infinitely many things that are potentially equally as harmful or more harmful, and this wireless headset, along with all other wireless products, is the least of your concerns.
Thank you