Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer and PS/2

Hi,

I am trying to use my Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer with IOGear KVM
switch and the XP Home PC does not seem to recognize the mouse when it
is plugged in the PS/2. Of course it sees it when it is plugged in as
USB.

If it helps, USB the light turns on the wireless unit, but not when
plugged in PS/2.

Any help would be great!
Thanks.

On KVM switches, the PS/2 ports have "passive" power. The switch only
maintain "connection" with the PC. As for USB, it provides active power.

"craig cappel" <craigcapello@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use my Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer with IOGear KVM
> switch and the XP Home PC does not seem to recognize the mouse when it
> is plugged in the PS/2. Of course it sees it when it is plugged in as
> USB.
>
> If it helps, USB the light turns on the wireless unit, but not when
> plugged in PS/2.
>
> Any help would be great!
> Thanks.

First thing I would do is check your Bios to make sure PS2 is enabled.

"craig cappel" <craigcapello@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use my Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer with IOGear KVM
> switch and the XP Home PC does not seem to recognize the mouse when it
> is plugged in the PS/2. Of course it sees it when it is plugged in as
> USB.
>
> If it helps, USB the light turns on the wireless unit, but not when
> plugged in PS/2.
>
> Any help would be great!
> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS