wireless isp, router, mirc

I'm a new subscriber to a wireless isp. They furnish a router, but
it's not configured to work with mirc. Could I just replace their
router with one of my own, so that I could configure it to work with
mire? I have the instructions from the d-link site. If I have the
setting from ipconfig /all is that enough information in order to
configure my router to the same settings as their's is?

"drb46" <drb46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm a new subscriber to a wireless isp. They furnish a router, but
> it's not configured to work with mirc. Could I just replace their
> router with one of my own, so that I could configure it to work with
> mire? I have the instructions from the d-link site. If I have the
> setting from ipconfig /all is that enough information in order to
> configure my router to the same settings as their's is?

* You haven't sent enough information to answer your questions.
You could send the output of ipconfig /all, but your computer is
probably configured by the router furnished by the wireless isp:
(read: It runs NAT, your ip is probably 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x
and your gateway is similar which is the router they furnished.)

So what are the settings or how does the wireless isp work?
Is it 802.11 Wifi? What is the SSID? What is the authentication?
(your username and password?)

If you don't know, their Tech Support may help you, or you
could ask on DSLREPORTS.COM if others have the same
ISP.

---
Alan Spicer (a_spicer@bellsouth.net)
Systems, Networks, Telecommunications
http://telecom.dyndns.biz

WRT54G Wireless Routers in Iraq (U.S. Troops) Sveasoft Firmware!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5720248783

http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5214&sid=e76d5a663fdf11f4dc8fb5d472d0ffb9