Wireless keyboard working poorly at night

LittleHandMcGee

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
I'm getting really sick of this issue.
As I'm typing this, it's 5:33pm and suddenly there is no issue at all with this thing.
I've just spent another half hour trying to figure out and fix this to no avail when it suddenly decides to work without a problem.

My setup is a tv + desktop PC with a working distance of approx. 6 feet from my keyboard receiver and 8 feet from my mouse receiver.

This keyboard is an old HP desktop with a turn-knob volume control button that I adore too much to ever replace it as long as I can't find a suitable upgrade.
However, I have this huge issue.
From morning until it gets dark I have no problems typing on it.
When it gets dark out, despite my turning on lights, the keyboard "slows down".
If I don't type extremely slow, it will only register every 2-8th keystroke.
Typing -really- slowly helps, but that shouldn't be necessary in my opinion.

I have replaced the batteries, used a different USB port, set the receiver high/low, closer/further away, reconnected the keyboard to the receiver and tried to hold the keyboard at different angles.
Nothing works when it's acting out.
Except walking over and putting the keyboard directly in front of the receiver.

Is this really a lighting issue and if so, why in the f*** is it such a problem and only every once in a while??
I have to note that the issue only recently started happening (few months) but was also prevalent on my "old" pc that I replaced a month ago.
Other than that, nothing has changed. Same room, same setup, same lamps.

corb345

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016

Maybe there's more interference at night because more people are home doing stuff on there computers. That is strange though.