Wireless keyboards battery life

avalon096

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
I will be buying a very cheap GoFreetech Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combo I need to know the following....

How long does the batteries last in it
Eg. 1month... 1 year ......

This seems okay for a cheap keyboard

Solution
The best thing you can probably do is just Google reviews for that model and see what others have to say. I'm sure there will be some reviews about battery life seeing how that is and important factor in wireless keyboards.

Make your purchase decision based on what you find from those reviews.

cpams322

Honorable
Dec 26, 2017
It depends on how much you use it. If the KB goes into sleep state it will help the batts last longer but still it depends on how much you use it. IMHO, if a KB's or mouse's batts last less than 3 months, it's unacceptable junk. But that's just me. I only ever owned one wireless KB (forget the brand) and that was a while ago. Batts only lasted me less than 2 weeks. I tried it 2 times and both times only 2 weeks. The second time my batts dies, the keyboard went right into the trash and I busted out my PS/2 KB and never looked back.

My logitech M10 wireless mouse lasts me as much as 6 months on the other hand, and that is acceptable. I also have a cheap, sweatshop, no-name mouse I bought from Fasttech and it also lasts many months.

cpams322

Honorable
Dec 26, 2017
The best thing you can probably do is just Google reviews for that model and see what others have to say. I'm sure there will be some reviews about battery life seeing how that is and important factor in wireless keyboards.

Make your purchase decision based on what you find from those reviews.

Solution