Wireless laptop online, hardwire desktop is not

Barry

Hi;
I hope this is the correct group to pose this question. I am running
a cable connection to my desktop, which is hard-wired into a wireless
router from which I run my laptop. I am not sure what happened, but
suddenly I cannot get online from my desktop even though my wireless
laptop still works fine. This has been going on for a few days--I
tried reseting the modem and router and checked the hardwire
connections to the desktop. Any ideas on where the problem might be?
Thanks for any help!
Barry

"Barry" <Barrywin@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
> I hope this is the correct group to pose this question. I am running
> a cable connection to my desktop, which is hard-wired into a wireless
> router from which I run my laptop. I am not sure what happened, but
> suddenly I cannot get online from my desktop even though my wireless
> laptop still works fine. This has been going on for a few days--I
> tried reseting the modem and router and checked the hardwire
> connections to the desktop. Any ideas on where the problem might be?
> Thanks for any help!
> Barry

Have you made changes in the router - default IP for the router, MAC
filtering, etc., that might not be reflected in the failed connection?
Assuming WinXP, do from a command prompt: ipconfig[space]/all. Post
back the results.