Wireless Mouse Cutting in and out - help!

Oct 9, 2018
Hi there,

I'm really hoping someone can help me because I'm at my wits end with this problem!

My mouse keeps cutting in and out on my desktop PC - and I feel like I've tried everything! It can be fine for several minutes then stops for 2-3 seconds and can happen several times in a row and then is fine for several more minutes and so on.

When this happens on my Razer Mamba, the lights flicker.

So far I've tried:

• Switching mouse, from a Razer Mamba (wireless) to a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse (conclusion: it's not the mouse)
    Changing batteries / full cahrging mouse (conclusion: it's not a power issue on the mice)
    Unplugging USB devices - wifi dongle, keyboard, bluetooth receiver (all of them basically) (conclusion: it's not conflicting USB devices)
    Updated Graphics card driver (conclusion: it's not graphics card)
    Turn off Cortana (conclusion: it's not cortana)
    Turn off power management on USB device (conclusion: it's not windows power management)
    Uninstalling Realtek Audio driver (conclusion: it's not the audio driver)
    Finally, my last resort - reformat PC with clean install of Windows 10 (conclusion: it's not a junked up OS causing the issue)

So, as you can see, I've tried a lot of different things - in fact, I feel like I've tried everything.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ben

How far away is the dongle from the devices?
where is your computer in relation to the keyboard and mouse, where is the dongle on the case.... front, back, or in some case's on top?
have you tried using a usb extension cable to move the dongle closer to the keyboard and mouse?

Oct 9, 2018
Thank you both for your responses!

@RARRAF
I haven't updated the BIOS at all.
All of my components are four years old and have worked seamlessly - this is the first issue I've had.
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply
Desktop
CPU:Intel Core i7 4790 3.60GHz Socket 1150
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H Socket 1150 DVI HDMI 7.1 channel Audio ATX Motherboard
RAM: Crucial 16GB kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL9 @1.5V Ballistix Sport UDIMM 240pin
GPU: XFX R9 290 4GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card
HDD: OCZ 256GB Vertex 4 SATA III SSD, Up to 560MB/s READ, 510MB/s WRITE, 120K MAX IOPS, Indilinx Everest 2 Controller

@faalin
Both tested mice have been about 1 meter from the dongle.
Computer is on the floor next to the desk (small desk).
The dongle is at the back.
I have not tried a USB extension. That would be a shame if that were the issue because if it were that I'd just stick with a wired mouse.

Feb 23, 2019
Did you ever resolve this issue? Im having the same problem now out of nowhere. Tried everything you tired as well, with no success. Even swapped my motherboard.