Question Wireless mouse goes crazy

Sep 21, 2020
4
0
10
0
Hello.
So basically, I accidentally spilled water on my mouse and after 2 hours, I think it started scrolling up and down like crazy.
It calmed down right now, but I think spilled water is the cause. What is your opinion if spilled water is the cause?

Edit: By the way, I am using an A315-55G-5851 laptop.
 
My thoughts are that I would remove the mouse's battery (if it's removable) and let it dry out at least overnight, if not longer, before attempting to use it. There's probably still moisture inside shorting out circuits, and that could potentially cause damage to the mouse if there's power running through it and it crosses the wrong connections.
 
Reactions: murat1cinar
Sep 21, 2020
2
0
10
0
I guess you spilled water on a wireless mouse, not the touchpad. Scrolling is carried out by mouse wheel and issues related to scrolling are generally caused by "ttc encoder" (google it). I think you should wait for it to fully dry. Maybe 24 hours. Because water particles inside encoder are creating electronic parasite. So it should fully dry before it turns to normal. If you spilled coffee or something it may not turn back to normal.
Because of over using my wireless mouse wasn't scrolling as it should, I replaced the encoder and it is working fine now.
 
Sep 21, 2020
4
0
10
0
My thoughts are that I would remove the mouse's battery (if it's removable) and let it dry out at least overnight, if not longer, before attempting to use it. There's probably still moisture inside shorting out circuits, and that could potentially cause damage to the mouse if there's power running through it and it crosses the wrong connections.
The bottom was wet because the water spilled on the touchpad, so I might probably dry out the batteries and mouse first.
 
Sep 21, 2020
7
0
10
0
Clean your Mouse Laser Light Sensor with a dry cloth.
Remove the battery and leave it for drying for a few days
Dis-assemble the wireless mouse
Turn on a fan and lay the mouse next to it
Re-assemble the mouse and plug and check it again
 
Sep 22, 2020
8
0
10
0
remove your battery first if it is wireless then clean it with dry cloths. try putting it to rice (not cooked) since it absorbs moisture. or try any remedies which absorbs moisture from an object.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS