• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Wireless mouse not responding after restart or sleep mode

MrCheeseWheel

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
I've looked for answers to this question for a few weeks, but I'm not finding any answers.

I have a Steelseries Rival 650 wireless mouse that can connect wirelessly or wired with a cord they provided. The mouse works fine in both modes once I plug the dongle in. When the mouse goes to sleep (about 2 minutes) I can wake it back up and it will work fine. But when my computer goes to sleep or is shut down, the mouse does not respond and I have to unplug the dongle and plug it back in. The mouse itself connects to the dongle (it changes colors when it connects), but the mouse doesn't appear on the screen.

I have tried reinstalling drivers and messing with power management to ensure the mouse can wake up the computer, but I am out of ideas.

Relevant Specs:
Rival 650 Wireless Mouse
Win 10 Home
Desktop

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS