[SOLVED] Wireless mouse not working after Windows 10 reinstall

onegin

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
I've just reinstalled Windows 10 on my ASUS ROG Strix GL702VM. After installing all the hardware specific drivers from the ASUS website in addition to the drivers installed by Windows everything is working fine except for my wireless mouse (Corsair IronClaw RGB wireless). The dongle itself installed the driver after I plugged it into USB port and the mouse works fine if connected via USB cable. So it's not connecting to the dongle. And, of course, I've tried all the usual tricks of reinstalling mouse/dongle drivers and connecting/disconnecting the dongle (or connecting it to a different USB port).
My previous installation of Windows came from a guy from whom I bought the laptop and I don't know everything he installed but I've noticed, for example, there were several Intel apps on that old installation that are missing now. The mouse worked flawlessly under old installation (as soon as I plugged it in the first time).
Any ideas

Solution
You say the dongle installed the drivers itself but have you tried uninstalling them , it is surprising how many things work these days without driver software. If you mess thing up by uninstalling the driver just go into device manager and right click on mouse to search for a replacement driver.
Apr 10, 2020
I myself have a Razer Naga Epic and sometimes the wireless capability won't work unless I switch the wireless wired switch to reset it I don't know if your mouse has something like that you could try.

onegin

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Mine has a switch on the bottom with three positions: off/BT on/corsair slipstream on. Last one is especially for gaming (super sensitive). And of course I've tried turning it on/off.
Most probably it's all about drivers, I just can't nail what it is exactly. By the way, bluetooth is working generally speaking. I'm able to use my headphones in BT mode.

onegin

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
The above webpage only allows you to download iCue software in case of my mouse and I've already downloaded this software. I bought the mouse from Best Buy a couple of months ago. It now stopped working in slipstream mode either after I restarted the laptop, now it tries to pair in slipstream but fails and in BT mode it doesn't even try to pair...
Looks like a foul play. I've been a victim of hacking/identity fraud several times lately. Time to call Corsair customer support.

You say the dongle installed the drivers itself but have you tried uninstalling them , it is surprising how many things work these days without driver software. If you mess thing up by uninstalling the driver just go into device manager and right click on mouse to search for a replacement driver.

Solution

onegin

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
OK, I'll try that too. I found a way to pair manually from Corsair iCue software but I've only succeeded pairing in slipstream mode not in BT mode. Yesterday I sent an email to Corsair customer support, hopefully I'll get straitened out quickly.