wireless mouse problem

I have a Dell Dim 2400 system.

I have a labtec wireless optical mouse.

> It was working fine.
>
> Then it stopped working, but I assume the batteries gave out (it was
> quite awhile and the red light went out).
>
> I replaced the batteries. The red light now glows but nothing happened.
>
> I pressed the reset key on the receiver and then the mouse but nothing.
> Any suggestions??

Mel

Additional stuff:

I tries other batteries, same problem.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse. Same problem.

Mel

MB_ wrote:
> Additional stuff:
>
> I tries other batteries, same problem.
>
> I then uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse. Same problem.
>
> Mel
> "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I have a Dell Dim 2400 system.
>>
>> I have a labtec wireless optical mouse.
>>>
>>> It was working fine.
>>>
>>> Then it stopped working, but I assume the batteries gave out (it was
>>> quite awhile and the red light went out).
>>>
>>> I replaced the batteries. The red light now glows but nothing
>>> happened. I pressed the reset key on the receiver and then the mouse
>>> but
>>> nothing. Any suggestions??
>>>

>> Mel

Remove the transmitter. Wait until you hear a bing-bong indicating
removal of a USB device. Restart, then insert the transmitter, doing
nothing with the connect buttons on either transmitter or mouse unless
the mouse again does not work.

Did all that.

I then installed it on a different computer. Still, nothing.

Mel

MB_ wrote:
> Did all that.
>
> I then installed it on a different computer. Still, nothing.
>
> Mel
>> MB_ wrote:
>>> Additional stuff:
>>>
>>> I tries other batteries, same problem.
>>>
>>> I then uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse. Same problem.
>>>
>>> Mel
>>> "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message

>> Remove the transmitter. Wait until you hear a bing-bong indicating
>> removal of a USB device. Restart, then insert the transmitter, doing
>> nothing with the connect buttons on either transmitter or mouse
>> unless the mouse again does not work.

Dead mouse transmitter or receiver.