Wireless N PCI Adapter (TL-WN951N)

john_macg

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

So i recently got a new gaming PC and i've set it up etc but i'm having problems with my internet connection..
I'm using the network card i TL-WN951N; it has 3 Aerials so assumed the connection would be excellent.. this isn't the case.

I'm struggling to keep 3 bars; it usually sits on 2 - Speedtest.net results show a ping of over 1000 and my download is varying from 0.2mbps to 0.6mbps.

It can't be the position of the PC/network card as my laptop and Xbox are right next to it and they have a full 5 bars with about 1.8mbps..

This is really frustrating, as you can imagine. Is there anything i can do?

I am willing to buy a new wireless adapter (preferably a card) if you recommend i do so - a link would be sweet.

Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers.

john_macg

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012

Hi Emerald,

I'm not sure i follow. Are you suggesting that i download a different driver? The network card i currently have came with a driver that i installed last night.. isn't that sufficient?

Cheers.

john_macg

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
I tried to install the appropriate driver for my card and my antivirus said the download link contained malware...

Have you linked me to a dodgy site -.- or is bitdefender being over-cautious?

Some people had problems with the TP drivers under Win7; therefore, I provided you with a link to the chipset manufacturer driver website.

I just downloaded the file win7-10.0.0.45-whql.zip and checked it with AVG and Malwarebytes. Nether one found anything wrong.

if you rather like to use TP drivers, go to their website and make sure you have the latest driver. Most of the times the driver that come with the hardware are not up to date.