Wireless Network Adapter Questions

Selunaeto

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
So, previously in my life, I was dealing with this: This

I sadly didn't get anywhere, and I'm still incapable of getting on the internet on my gaming desktop. Now, I've missed out on playing plenty of games, including Elder Scrolls Online, with my friends. Now, I've given up on trying to fix this issue, since I was getting nowhere. I'm assuming the issue is with the ethernet adapter that is a part of my desktop, so I'm figuring I might try a wireless network adapter, this way I won't need to deal with any sort of cables or other issues of the sort, and I would hope it can be straight to the point.

With that said, are Wireless Network Adapters viable for a desktop? Especially a gaming one? I know that this means I won't need to be sitting right on my wireless router, which is a bit of a plus. But what else is there that will be helpful, or nice.

On top of that, can anybody suggest anything for me that isn't too terribly expensive? Below $100, would be nice. And viable for gaming, as well.

Solution
My PC used to go in and out, (LAN) so I put a USB WiFi adapter in and the LAN and never had internet drops in game again.

Best regards, Vel.