Wireless network adapter

Hi, I just installed a wireless base station router and
wireless USB adapter with no problem, but now I'm trying
to install a wireless PC card in a second laptop, and it
will not let me onto my network. Even though I am
entering the correct WEP security key, it will not allow
me to connect to the wireless system. My internet on
this laptop works with a cable to the router but that is
the only way right now, and this was after talking to a
Microsoft support employee for 3 hours that we were even
able to get the cable internet to work. It is a
new "refurbished" laptop so I don't know if that may be
part of the problem, maybe it's not in perfect
condition. But if anyone knows how I can fix this,
please respond. Thank you.

~cindy

So, your PC Card will work with machine #1, but will not work with machine
2? Is that correct?

Machine #2 will work wired too?

This is likely a problem with the laptop. Do you have any other devices
that do work in the slot, because knowing it works on another machines, all
signs will point to hardware issues with the laptop.

--
Steve Sullivan, MVP
Microsoft Hardware Products