Wireless Network Card in Toshiba Satellite Pro 2100

Rich

I have downloaded to driver for the in-built Wireless Lan card in my Toshiba Satellite Pro 2100 from Toshiba's Website. However when I follow their instructions of how to install it:
1. From [Start] menu, click on the [Control Panel], then click on [Switch to Cassic View].
2. Double-click on [System] and choose the [Hardware] tab.
3. Click on [Device Manager].
4. Expand [Network adapters] and double-click on [Wireless Network Connection].

However, when I get there a Wireless Network connection is not listed! I've looked at all the hidden devices and it's not listed there. Is there any way to disable the Wireless Connection anywhere else? I've looked in the BIOS but nothing is listed there. I've got the switch on the side of the case to on as well ;-) but the status light doesn't come on....

If I try the add / remove hardware option for a new network card the driver window is left blank when I choose the .Inf file from the Toshiba download.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

jademclennan6

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
hi , i ahve just bought my toshiba laptop and ive followed your wireless instructons with care and everything went well until i had to click on the hardware tab which i cant fnd on the laptop , what should i do next ?
write back asap thanks a million x jademclennan6@hotmail.com