[SOLVED] Wireless Network card stops usb ports working

Feb 21, 2022
I recently acquired a Tp-link5e network card for my desktop and have discovered it freezes my mouse and keyboard while it's plugged jnto the motherboard.

The keyboard is a wired razer chroma & the mouse is a wired LG. Both worked fine when I used an eternity connection. I have powered off the comp and pulled the card from the motherboard and this has allowed the USB devices to work.

Motherboard is Z170 gaming, OS win10 and I have installed the Nic drivers via cd as I have no net.

Solution
Do freezing happen if wireless network card is plugged into PCIEX1_4 socket too? because this seems the only socket in this motherboard not shared with PCIEX16 socked (graphics card) and other peripherals. If yes then reinstall chipset drivers.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums!

What exact Z170 gaming motherboard do you have? Which brand model?

Also what exact model are the keyboard and mouse? I guess they are USB?

Have you connected the keyboard and mouse to USB3 ports? Is the plastic block inside blue? Try connecting them to USB2 ports (black) and see if that helps.

Do freezing happen if wireless network card is plugged into PCIEX1_4 socket too? because this seems the only socket in this motherboard not shared with PCIEX16 socked (graphics card) and other peripherals. If yes then reinstall chipset drivers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS