Wireless Network Driver is missing, can only connect through ethernet...

Aug 17, 2018
I built a gaming PC over a year ago and it was working perfectly fine because I instantly connected ethernet to it as soon as it was built. Have been using it for over a year but I recently moved my PC to college where I don't have access to an ethernet port because my residential WiFi router is upstairs where my landlord works and I cannot reach. I now only have the option to connect through ethernet because I lost my motherboard driver installation CD which I assume has a driver for an internal wireless adapter. I have read many other threads and all suggest downloading drivers to a USB and transferring them, but I have tried this already. When I go to control panel --> network connections, ethernet is the only adapter that is visible. I cannot connect to WiFi at all, please help! Thanks! Specs are below:

Windows 10
Asus H170 PRO Gaming Motherboard
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Ralston18

Titan
Use the command prompt or Powershell to run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes).

Your wireless adapter should be listed.

Get the make and model and go to the manufacturer's website to download the applicable Windows 10 drivers along with the installation procedure.

Aug 17, 2018

There is no wireless adapter listed. There are two things listed: "Windows IP Configuration," and "Ethernet adapter Ethernet."

Aug 17, 2018

Would that be the only solution? Do I need to just go to target and buy a cheap USB WiFi adapter?

stdragon

Admirable

Yes, just make sure it's WiFi AC standard (802.11ac).

Aug 17, 2018

Thank you! You saved me hours of trying to figure this out