Wireless network looses connection frequently

I just purchased a new laptop(Sharp AL27). It has XP home SP2 installed. I
configured it for my existing wireless network (Microsoft MN-700). The
network consits of two desktops (one wired, one wireless) and two laptops
(both wireless). The new laptop seems to frequently lose it's network
connection for a very short period of time (1-3 seconds) It immediately
reconnects however, this effects programs that I am running. All other
wireless devices maintain their network connection. The laptop in question is
stationary and very close to the router. If anyone could provide me with help
it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
BTW I have done the virus scans, eliminated cordless phone interferrence, etc

Try this MS support page, which applies to SP1, but may be of help.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_ts_wirelessdrop1.mspx
There are other troubleshooting links on this page also.

"Chris Brigman" wrote:

> I just purchased a new laptop(Sharp AL27). It has XP home SP2 installed. I
> configured it for my existing wireless network (Microsoft MN-700). The
> network consits of two desktops (one wired, one wireless) and two laptops
> (both wireless). The new laptop seems to frequently lose it's network
> connection for a very short period of time (1-3 seconds) It immediately
> reconnects however, this effects programs that I am running. All other
> wireless devices maintain their network connection. The laptop in question is
> stationary and very close to the router. If anyone could provide me with help
> it would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Chris
> BTW I have done the virus scans, eliminated cordless phone interferrence, etc

Hugh,
Thanks for your help. I have already disabled the IEEE 802.11x
authentication. Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

"Hugh" wrote:

> Try this MS support page, which applies to SP1, but may be of help.
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_ts_wirelessdrop1.mspx
> There are other troubleshooting links on this page also.
>
> "Chris Brigman" wrote:
>
> > I just purchased a new laptop(Sharp AL27). It has XP home SP2 installed. I
> > configured it for my existing wireless network (Microsoft MN-700). The
> > network consits of two desktops (one wired, one wireless) and two laptops
> > (both wireless). The new laptop seems to frequently lose it's network
> > connection for a very short period of time (1-3 seconds) It immediately
> > reconnects however, this effects programs that I am running. All other
> > wireless devices maintain their network connection. The laptop in question is
> > stationary and very close to the router. If anyone could provide me with help
> > it would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Chris
> > BTW I have done the virus scans, eliminated cordless phone interferrence, etc

When faced with this sort of problem in the past, I have deleted all network
connections and started from scratch. Not much of a solution, but it usually
works-and forces me to check everything.

"Chris Brigman" wrote:

> Hugh,
> Thanks for your help. I have already disabled the IEEE 802.11x
> authentication. Any other ideas?
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> "Hugh" wrote:
>
> > Try this MS support page, which applies to SP1, but may be of help.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_ts_wirelessdrop1.mspx
> > There are other troubleshooting links on this page also.
> >
> > "Chris Brigman" wrote:
> >
> > > I just purchased a new laptop(Sharp AL27). It has XP home SP2 installed. I
> > > configured it for my existing wireless network (Microsoft MN-700). The
> > > network consits of two desktops (one wired, one wireless) and two laptops
> > > (both wireless). The new laptop seems to frequently lose it's network
> > > connection for a very short period of time (1-3 seconds) It immediately
> > > reconnects however, this effects programs that I am running. All other
> > > wireless devices maintain their network connection. The laptop in question is
> > > stationary and very close to the router. If anyone could provide me with help
> > > it would be greatly appreciated.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Chris
> > > BTW I have done the virus scans, eliminated cordless phone interferrence, etc

Carey