Wireless Network Not Working Like Its Supposed to

Stealthwolf667

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Hey Guys
So, last April I got faster internet from Time Warner Cable. I went from 1Mbps to 20Mbps. At first, it was great. Everything was running so much smoother. But, after a few months, my internet started to slow down again. Now, I'm still having the same lag I had before with 1Mbps. Not only that, but my desktop, which is connected wirelessly to my router, is having ridiculously low download speeds. Download speeds that are even slower than when I upgraded. I dont understand what the heck is going on but its really pissing me off. Does anyone have any tips to restore my speed? I already shut down other systems using the network, other processes that are unneeded, and turn my router off and on every now and then.

Wolfshadw

Titan
If there are a lot of wireless network within your scanning range, you may be getting interference from too many networks working on the same channel. I think the program, "NetStumbler" can help you determine that. Perhaps you can change your default network channel to a lesser used one.

-Wolf sends