Wireless network slow

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
I have a talk talk router conected to to TP-LINK PA4010

Download speed was 22meg and 22meg over cable and wireless. Complained to talk talk and an open reach engineer came. Open reach investigated and replaced socket with a more modern one with a built in filter VDSL.
Now back up to 38 meg over cable. Re tried TP-Link PA4010 and speed is a ridicules 16 meg now. What changes have been made to affect download. Still using the talk talk router.
Do I need a better/faster TP-LINK

1. check if you're connecting to 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz network.
2. check range, you need good power connection for stable fast network. (move around and check if speed changes a lot)
3. check network settings on router, he might have enabled equal split on network speed. (1 device = 38 Mbps, 2= 19 Mbps, etc)...

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
move around and check if speed changes a lot. This is a desk top PC not movable. The PC has no wifi. I connect to the router by cable and get 36M. I have 2 TP-Link mains adaptors. one is wired to the router the other is wired to the PC. All that happened was a open reach engineer changed the wall socket..

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
tp-link online chat states. since the engineer has changed the wall socket, so I doubt whether PA4010's wall socket has been affected, maybe after changing the socket, the noise through powerline is bigger, so the speed is slower on extender PA4010