Wireless Networking in Home

dmyers

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
Just bought and setup a wireless network in home.
Linksys WRT54G(router) and WMP54G(pci card)
House is 75ft across.
Router is in back corner room. System is in room opposite side of house.
Problem is that I can only get 1Mps most of the time. 2 max
Is there a way to increase signal?
Read article on WSB24 booster. Would this help with this router? Would it damage it, or just break FCC rules?
Is it possible to attach a new antenna to the router and/or pci card?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PsychProfessor

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
Today I installed the wireless signal booster (WSB24) with the wireless G router. It took maybe 5 minutes to set up. It is working flawlessly. Before adding the booster, I could barely get a signal one bedroom away from the router. Now I can receive an "excellent" signal downstairs and across the house from the router. I am receiving a signal at 11mbps. I highly recommend the two components together. I decided to go ahead with this installation after I received the following information, "What Linksys is saying is that they did not submit the WSB24 and Wireless G products to the FCC for testing, and the approval that Linksys is referring to is the FCC approval.

The products will work together, you just won't be "legal" using them together. Nothing to be concerned about since technically you're not legal if you attach any antennas other than those that come with any 802.11b product." Good luck, PsychProfessor

TRENDING THREADS