wireless networking

Hi. I have a very basic question. I bought my spouse a notebook with
wireless built in, and replaced my home router with a linksys wireless
router. It works fine. My spouse is a teacher at a school that has a
wireless network. I added the name of her school network and she can
connect to the server at school and use the internet. However, we don't know
how to access the school intranet. The other teachers use powerbooks, and
click on a "connect to server" box and get an intranet page. How do we get to
the intranet page?
--
Bob b

Hi Bob,

What OS does your wife's notebook run? Windows XP Pro?

Does the school server have a separate authentication mechanism in terms of
a username and password? I'm assuming that you're wife is trying to access
the intranet by keying in the URL in your browser window.

Rajiv

"Bob b" <Bobb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I have a very basic question. I bought my spouse a notebook with
> wireless built in, and replaced my home router with a linksys wireless
> router. It works fine. My spouse is a teacher at a school that has a
> wireless network. I added the name of her school network and she can
> connect to the server at school and use the internet. However, we don't
know
> how to access the school intranet. The other teachers use powerbooks,
and
> click on a "connect to server" box and get an intranet page. How do we get
> the intranet page?
> --
> Bob b

HI. She has XP Pro. I asked her for the url of the intranet, but apparently
the other teachers don't now what it is because on their Powerbooks they
click on "Connect to Server." The IS person at the school told her that he
doesn't know how to connect a PC. I suspect that if I can find out the URL
she can get on. Do you have any idea how I can find the URL on a Powerbook?
I don't know anything about MAC computers but I would assume that there is a
menu choice to view an address bar.