Wireless networks disconnect within seconds

07734willy

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
I have this issue where my wireless networks that I connect two will disconnect within 3 seconds of connecting. If I had the option "automatically connect" checked last time I connected previously, it will reconnect, and the internet will be usable for a few seconds, before disconnecting again. Otherwise it just remains disconnected. The LAN connection works fine, its only the WiFi that's an issue. I had this problem once before, and just got lucky when it happened to stop disconnecting and just never messed with it. Now its acting up again though.
I have an HP Envy laptop, I am running windows 8.1 64bit. I have network adapters: "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260", the LAN adapter "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller", and a virtualbox host only ethernet adapter. Also have an intel(r) wireless bluetooth(R) adapter.
I've tried updating the drivers for these adapters, and that didn't resolve the problem. I've disabled all the above save for the Dual Band Wireless adapter, still didn't fix it. I've ran windows troubleshooter on the adapter and connection, it finds nothing wrong. I've noticed in device manager that the page doesn't really refresh when on a LAN connection, but when I'm on the reconnecting/disconnecting WiFi, it refreshes about as often as the disconnection/reconnection. This may be because of the network change updating the page though, idk.
It had just started up because I attempted to connect to another WiFi network to print something (I've connected to this network previously with success and no disconnecting, as well as many other networks), and it disconnected. Since then, it refuses to stay connected to any WiFi network whatsoever.
I can perform a system restore which makes the wifi 'stable' again, but as soon as I connect to any other networks it goes back into this ~3sec disconnect thing again. I need to get this fixed so that I can print papers, use wifi at other places, ect. Thanks for any help!

07734willy

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
The printer spooler service was allowed to make interactions with the desktop, and thus was able to disconnect my network as soon as it connected (though I'm not quite sure why it wanted to do so).