[SOLVED] Wireless PC gaming with a Smart TV - terrible experience

gordonfreemanjr

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
So I wanted to try PC gaming with the Smart TV as a second screen. I got myself a decent wireless controller (Xbox 360), remapped key bindings with the Joy2Key software (took me ages), connected the TV via the Wi-Fi, put my Bluetooth headset on, run the game...

...and it's unbearable. The sound is fine, but the video transmission is bad and the input lag is terrible. I mapped the mouse controls to the right stick, but it's extremely imprecise, even after adjusting the emulation speed.

I know it's better with the games built with controller in mind, but apart from that - how do you guys pull it off? A PC game + wireless controller + Smart TV = how do I make it work? Do I really have do dig a 3 meter long HDMI wire out?

I'm on Windows 10.

Thanks!

Solution
yes you do have to connect it directly. that's a lot of data that has to go to have a wireless display very quickly.

gaming is never going to work that way. a wireless controller is fine. it send minimal data so bt is plenty fast enough. but fast frames of a game is not how or why it was designed.

get yourself a cable and it'll be fine. wireless gaming monitor is never gonna work.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yes you do have to connect it directly. that's a lot of data that has to go to have a wireless display very quickly.

gaming is never going to work that way. a wireless controller is fine. it send minimal data so bt is plenty fast enough. but fast frames of a game is not how or why it was designed.

get yourself a cable and it'll be fine. wireless gaming monitor is never gonna work.

Solution