Wireless printer offline windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

papa2259

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Hello,
my dell v310 wireless printer keeps going offline. How can i get it to be online and stay online? I am running windows 7

bmathews

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Check out these steps to make sure you have properly installed the device. To install a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.

If you're trying to add a network printer at the office, you'll usually need the name of the printer. If you can't find it, contact your network administrator.

1.Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.

2. Click Add a printer.

3. In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.

4. In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next. (If your computer is connected to a network, only printers listed in Active Directory for your domain are displayed in the list.)

5. If prompted, install the printer driver on your computer by clicking Install driver. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

6. Complete the additional steps in the wizard, and then click Finish.

Tips

* Available printers can include all printers on a network, such as Bluetooth and wireless printers or printers that are plugged into another computer and shared on the network. You might need permission to install some printers.

* You can confirm the printer is working by printing a test page. For more information, see Print a test page.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-a-printer

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

papa2259

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Thanks Brett for the advice. I tried that and it did not work. It is like I'll get it ti work, then when I close the lid of my laptop and I come back later that printer is offline. The only way I can get it online is to delete the printer and then add it back again.

hookster

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Had a Kodak 5200 wireless printer, it found the wireless router a cisco. When I downloaded the CD and updated on the computer the printer lost the wireless connection and would not find my router or the two others it found at start up. There was no way to reset the printer to find the wireless connection again. Connected a USB port to try to find a fix with a wired connection and still wasn't allowed to reset the printer software. Is there a problem with wireless printers and Window 7 64 Bit system? I'm looking to re-purchase another printer but want to find a cause to the first problem.

The connection problems seems to be from printer to router after window 7 connection.

klparke01

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
Were you able to find any more information or a fix for the connection problem from the printer to router? I think this may be the cause of my "offline" issue too. Did you purchase another printer that you could make a recommendation?

hookster

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
I'll keep that in mind, but since updating the printer internal software can not be reached so it can re-connect to the wireless router again. I'll check it out thou.Thanks

dicksiedael

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011

I have a Toshiba laptop with the same problem...my older XP Dell works fine with it, as does my husband's
current Dell XP. The printer is fairly new...maybe 2 yrs old, came out just prior to windows 7 if I remember right.
It's an All-in-one. My laptop works absolutely fine with an even older HP at the office, but with mine, it is constantly going offline. Have had two "computer guys" try to fix it to no avail....think one downloaded (about 6 months ago)
the current newer driver onto CD ... I can, at times, power the printer down and then back up to see it online
again, but it is short-lived! Next time I go to use it, it's offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.