Wireless printer replacing network router

Aug 18, 2018
We have a cable provided router. We try to keep majority of devices off because it's not designed for more than 5 devices. We recenting replaced our wireless printer and I thought I was connecting it to the router as previous printer so anyone connected to router could print. But instead the Printer is replacing the network router. So if the printer is on no one else can connect to the internet using router it's simply not listed. But when the printer is on, the router stops working. Can I reset the printer and try to set it up correctly ? I'm a very basic understanding of networking at best. A step by step guide would be good....

Aug 18, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from wendywitch31 : "Wireless printer replacing network router"

We have a cable provided router. We try to keep majority of devices off because it's not designed for more than 5 devices. We recenting replaced our wireless printer and I thought I was connecting it to the router as previous printer so anyone connected to router could print. But instead the Printer is replacing the network router. So if the printer is on no one else can connect to the internet using router it's simply not listed. But when the printer is on, the router stops working. Can I reset the printer and try to set it up correctly ? I'm a very basic understanding of networking at best. A step by step guide would be good....