[SOLVED] Wireless Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyb_56

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
I have a Brother 490CW connected wirelessly to my home lan. I can connect and print from other PCs on the network but not from my Mac. I see the printer on the Mac to the extent that I get info on the supply levels, etc. It says "printer ready" and connecting to printer when I print however it seems to timeout or something and I get Unable to connect to printer". Any ideas?
Thanks

Solution
Do you have your printers NETWORK drivers installed? I had a similar problem and discovered I had installed the standard printer driver only, which is for printing via USB, etc.

Try looking for a network specific driver for Mac OS and use the 'Print & Fax' menu from the system preferences to make the printer selectable on your LAN.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Do you have your printers NETWORK drivers installed? I had a similar problem and discovered I had installed the standard printer driver only, which is for printing via USB, etc.

Try looking for a network specific driver for Mac OS and use the 'Print & Fax' menu from the system preferences to make the printer selectable on your LAN.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.