Wireless printing when printer attached to router via USB ..

mark

Hi,

I have wireless networks at our offices with Draytek Vigour 2600G
routers and each office has a Brother 1250 connected to the USB port
on the router. I have a wired connection to the router for a Wyse
1200LE terminal and print using LPD to 192.168.1.1 everything good. We
also have wireless laptops that connect to the router and I can print
via LPR TCP/IP 192.168.1.1 in fat client mode, everything good.
However, when the laptop connects to a RDP session wirelessly, I
cannot get the printer to map to the RDP session. I have e-mailed
Draytek support but do not hold out too much hope. We are using
Windows 2003. Is there an LPD option that I can instigate to allow
these laptops to map to the printer

Hi,
Do you see any printing error message i Event Viewer after you connect the
client?
It should give you a reason why the printer redirection is not working.

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---