[SOLVED] Wireless Question

tenukpcgame

Commendable
Sep 3, 2018
Hi,

I'm not sure which platform i need to use to ask this kind of question but i will try my luck in here.

I own a multiple wireless peripherals for my desktop:

Logitech G502 wireless mouse - Plug in direct motherboard
Logitech G933S/G935 wireless headset - plug direct motherboard
Logitech Power Play Mouse Pad - thru casing and can detect ( I scared if later broken because i use thru casing )
Wireless Joystick - Plug thru casing

My desktop dont have enough Usb port for that device as i own another devices such as a webcam and the driving wheel set. My webcam cannot plug thru casing as it will not detect. Need to plug direct motherboard ( usb 2.0 ).

I want to buy usb external hub but i see some review for this as it's bad if you use external hub to charge this gadgets.

My motherboard is Gigabytes Aorus Pro B450 and the case is Phanteks P360X.

My Question Is:
  1. Can we use external hub to charge wireless gadget?
  2. Is it safe?
  3. Which external hub should i choose? (see pic below)
ImgW.ashx

9b8a01a01d7340068f75209f93b202ae

Solution
If you only want to use something for charging, then you can just get a charger with USB ports on it, or a power strip with USB charging ports or use any phone USB charging brick, there are many many options. Depends on the size you want, what country power plugs you need, where you want to keep it, etc... I have a model similar to this on my desk...
Well one of the things in the picture is a USB hub, the other is a power strip with USB charging ports, very different things. The power strip will only power things, it can't be used to connect devices to your computer. I charge devices through my USB hub all the time, my phone, bluetooth headset, etc... I suggest a powered USB hub, it will work better with devices and most have a fast charger you can use for phones as well. Anker is a good reliable brand, one of the better "generic" things you will find on sites like Amazon.

tenukpcgame

Commendable
Sep 3, 2018
Well one of the things in the picture is a USB hub, the other is a power strip with USB charging ports, very different things. The power strip will only power things, it can't be used to connect devices to your computer. I charge devices through my USB hub all the time, my phone, bluetooth headset, etc... I suggest a powered USB hub, it will work better with devices and most have a fast charger you can use for phones as well. Anker is a good reliable brand, one of the better "generic" things you will find on sites like Amazon.

Thanks for the reply sir.

Yes just looking to charge the devices. Not enough port for that because the g933s come with separate cable. For it, I use 2 usb port for charging and connection.

Can u recmmnd me one? I'm not sure which to pick as not familiar with this brand.
https://www.anker.com/

If you only want to use something for charging, then you can just get a charger with USB ports on it, or a power strip with USB charging ports or use any phone USB charging brick, there are many many options. Depends on the size you want, what country power plugs you need, where you want to keep it, etc... I have a model similar to this on my desk https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089LS531...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Solution

TRENDING THREADS