Wireless range question

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
a lady at work asked me about this.... we live in massachusetts, her daughter has cancer treatments in new york. she set up a wireless d link router at home and her daughter uses a wireless toshiba laptop. she thinks she should be able to access the internet from new york by just "broadcasting" and connecting to any signal out there. i told here this didnt seem possible. is there any way possible for her to get internet access while on the road?

Too much agreement is like too many fat guys in a hottub; it's still relaxing, but you end up with some nasty broth.

chandanarahul

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2003
She can get connected at any of the hot spots or Wi-Fi locations in Newyork.. probably in starbucks or so... I'm not too sure

But, broadcasting idea is impossible...

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
interesting.... are these locations advertised? would she have to change any config on the laptop? or just turn it on and click....

Too much agreement is like too many fat guys in a hottub; it's still relaxing, but you end up with some nasty broth.

chandanarahul

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2003

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
excellent... thank you.

Latest posts