wireless repeater

Are there any lowcost devices that will act as an access point and range
extender for wireless devices and bridge wired networks wirelessly?

"Text" <mas@mas.com> wrote in news:40aa398c$1_2@127.0.0.1:

> Are there any lowcost devices that will act as an access point and range
> extender for wireless devices and bridge wired networks wirelessly?

Yes, but the repeaters are manufacturer and model specific.

Dlink, Asus, and Linksys all have wireless repeaters (really an extra mode
on their APs)

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

Repeating is not covered under the Wi-Fi Specifications. Therefore, there
is no guarantee that the repeater will work with a different vendor's
router.

"Lucas Tam" <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote in message
> "Text" <mas@mas.com> wrote in news:40aa398c$1_2@127.0.0.1:
>
> > Are there any lowcost devices that will act as an access point and
range
> > extender for wireless devices and bridge wired networks wirelessly?
>

> Yes, but the repeaters are manufacturer and model specific.
>
> Dlink, Asus, and Linksys all have wireless repeaters (really an extra mode
> on their APs)
>
> --
> Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

http://www.aerialix.com/

Look at the wireless bridges 200mw power output vs the typical 50mw!!

- Mike

"Text" <mas@mas.com> wrote in message news:40aa398c$1_2@127.0.0.1...
> Are there any lowcost devices that will act as an access point and range
> extender for wireless devices and bridge wired networks wirelessly?

---

If younget a Client bridge that supports WDS(which is covered under wifi)
the repeating will work. http://www.interepoch.com.tw check out the 1100 I
sell them here in the States for $118 they can act as a AP or Client
"Mike Greene" <revmwgreene@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Repeating is not covered under the Wi-Fi Specifications. Therefore, there
> is no guarantee that the repeater will work with a different vendor's
> router.
>
> "Lucas Tam" <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > "Text" <mas@mas.com> wrote in news:40aa398c$1_2@127.0.0.1:
> >
> > > Are there any lowcost devices that will act as an access point and
> range
> > > extender for wireless devices and bridge wired networks wirelessly?
> >

> > Yes, but the repeaters are manufacturer and model specific.
> >
> > Dlink, Asus, and Linksys all have wireless repeaters (really an extra
mode
> > on their APs)
> >
> > --
> > Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)
> > Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying.
> > http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/

Mike if your interested I can get the 2611 cb3 delux direct from taiwan in
qty 100 pretty cheap