wireless router needs help

garymcn

Reputable
Oct 22, 2014
my wireless router locks on to my ISP through the modem, but keeps losing signal. I believe another signal compromising my connection. is there a way to isolate and lock on to my ISP only?

specs:
wireless router, Belkin AC1200
modem- Hughes HT1100
speed- 54 Mbps
ISP- HughesNet
connection- dynamic- automatic
access point networks only
authentication- smart card 'wpa2-psk
TCP/IP- obtain IP address automatically. obtain DNS server address automatically
system- HP Compaq nc6220
windows xp pro

Solution
You can try a couple of things:

1) Use a different channel for the 2.4 and 5 Ghz radios - sometimes your neighbor may be using the same channel and creating this problem. All modems default to the same settings.....

2) If there are big obstructions between you and the router (i.e. walls, floors, electrical wiring, plumbing, HVAC vents, electronics, etc), this can limit the signal. Sometimes moving a couple of feet can make a big difference.

3) Get an adapter that has a multi-antenna connection - specifically external. Something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320173

4) Try a different method to connect - powerline adapters or moca adapters may be the solution.

5) Make sure you drivers...
You can try a couple of things:

1) Use a different channel for the 2.4 and 5 Ghz radios - sometimes your neighbor may be using the same channel and creating this problem. All modems default to the same settings.....

2) If there are big obstructions between you and the router (i.e. walls, floors, electrical wiring, plumbing, HVAC vents, electronics, etc), this can limit the signal. Sometimes moving a couple of feet can make a big difference.

3) Get an adapter that has a multi-antenna connection - specifically external. Something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320173

4) Try a different method to connect - powerline adapters or moca adapters may be the solution.

5) Make sure you drivers are the most current drivers (from the manufacturer's website).

Solution