Question Wireless Router recommendation

bandit385

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008
Any recommendations on a new wireless router? ($100 - $200 range) Would like good signal strength, reliable, and decent speed. I don't do gaming, but would like it to support online video streaming from a site like Netflix, Hulu, etc. I currently have a Linksys EA4500, but it does not reach the bedroom which is ~80 feet away with 3 interior walls. Also, we are having trouble staying connected to it with our devices (iphones, ipad, etc).

kanewolf

Titan
Any recommendations on a new wireless router? ($100 - $200 range) Would like good signal strength, reliable, and decent speed. I don't do gaming, but would like it to support online video streaming from a site like Netflix, Hulu, etc. I currently have a Linksys EA4500, but it does not reach the bedroom which is ~80 feet away with 3 interior walls. Also, we are having trouble staying connected to it with our devices (iphones, ipad, etc).
With the distance and obstructions. I would look at a second WIFI source. Because even if your router can "blast" as signal, your devices can't send back. I would recommend a powerline based unit, like this https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16833156559 if you don't have ethernet cabling to the remote end of the house.