Question Wireless usb 3.0 adapters disabled.

Jan 9, 2020
Hello!

A few days ago I bought a new wi-fi adapter so I could use the 5ghz signal from my router, and take advantage of my usb 3.0 ports. This was a D-link DWA-182 revision D. I installed the drivers and plugged it in, but it did not work. It got recognized, it was in the device manager list as enabled, however, in the , network center it was disabled. So of course I tried enabling it, which resulted in a short "enabling... enabled" message, but it remained disabled in the network center.

I called up D-link and they advised me to download the newest drivers from the website, and if that didn't work it was probably a faulty adapter. So I did, it didn't work and i returned it. Today i bought a linksys WUSB6300 and it has the exact same problem. I have tried enabling it via cmd but alas that too did not work. I have tried it on a different computer and it does work on that one.

I have checked whether the WLAN autoconfig service is running, and it is. I have updated windows, which didn't help. My old d-link dwa-140 works on all usb ports.

My specs are as followed:

CPU: intel i5-2500
gpu: nvidia gtx 680
Motherboard: ASUS p8 H67-m PRO

And for the sake of it, my router is an TP-link archer c6.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ralston18

Titan
Do any other USB devices other than the old D-link adapter work on the USB 3.0 ports?

Are you able to configure the WUSB6300 using the same network configurations settings as are working on the old D-link dwa-140 adapter?

Just for testing purposes to determine if any sort of wireless connectivity can be established.

Jan 9, 2020
Do any other USB devices other than the old D-link adapter work on the USB 3.0 ports?

Are you able to configure the WUSB6300 using the same network configurations settings as are working on the old D-link dwa-140 adapter?

Just for testing purposes to determine if any sort of wireless connectivity can be established.
Other usb devices do work. And the WUSB6300 does in a sense work, it gets recognized as plugged in, it's just grayed out in the network center as disabled.

I had both configured automatically for the moment, but I tried changing it to a static ip address, but it did not change anything.

vgUORLM.png
(my system is in dutch, but it says disabled)

The wifi light on the actual usb adapter does actually blink, even though it is "disabled".

Ralston18

Titan
Ensure that the wired Ethernet adapter is disabled.

Then run the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt?

Jan 9, 2020
Ensure that the wired Ethernet adapter is disabled.

Then run the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt?
I disabled the ethernet adapter and ran the windows 7 troubleshooting tool. It says something may be wrong with the device driver. I have the latest driver installed, which i had also done with the previous d-link adapter.

Here's the result of the ipconfig (i tried my best to add translations for the dutch after each result)
a9qjgNo.png

Jan 9, 2020
Well i did it while i disabled my ethernet adapter and without my working wifi usb adapter connected.

Running scf /scannow did not detect any integrity problems.