Question wireless vs wired mouse/keyboard /gamepad

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015
Hi, realistically does good quality wireless mouse/keyboard /gamepad provide same performance(responsiveness)
as wired counterparts in competitive esports games for pc?`I dont wanna decide just by seeing technical specs, but i want to decide on the basis of actual possible responsiveness of a human being .

After using a Logitech G915 keyboard and a G502 X wireless mouse in a variety of gaming situations and on their lower polling rates (to maximize battery life), I can say that there's almost no perceptible difference in performance. Even when the devices go to sleep, the response is damn near instant. So at least for those two devices, wireless gaming is just fine.

The only concern I had was battery life, I obtained the keyboard back in February and I'm still on the initial charge (it's down to ~40% at the moment). The mouse I have to recharge about once a month or so.

The only problem is the keyboard is more expensive than I think it should be. I only got it because I found it in a thrift store for a much lower price and it was in impeccable condition.

Reactions: eziowar
I run a wired keyboard, but run the Logitech G Powerplay mouse pad and G903 mouse. Have had them for 4 years and never once needed to dock or plug the mouse in, the mouse pad is a wireless charging station and always keeps the mouse charged :D