WIreless working but not wired

kraj011

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
Hey i have xfinity and my wireless is working but all of a sudden my hard wired connection (only have 1) stopped working. I replaced Ethernet cable, changed Ethernet port on modem, restarted computer. I talked to xfinity support and they could not help me. Any help? Thanks!

Solution
Open up a command prompt:
Code:
Type "ping 127.0.0.1"
What is your response? This will tell you if the hardware port is functional.

If that is successful, try to ping your network gateway, which should be your router's IP address. This is normally a 192.168.x.x number, if you are not sure, type "ipconfig /all" info a command prompt. Look for the row that reads
Code:
"default gateway . . . . . "
Or it may be physically listed on the router via a sticker.

If that is a success, you can eliminate a hardware problem on your end. You can try doing a hard reset on the router to revert back to the default settings (hold down the reset button on your router for 10 seconds, usually) and if that is still not a success, the router may be faulty...

SofaKing42

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017
Open up a command prompt:
Code:
Type "ping 127.0.0.1"
What is your response? This will tell you if the hardware port is functional.

If that is successful, try to ping your network gateway, which should be your router's IP address. This is normally a 192.168.x.x number, if you are not sure, type "ipconfig /all" info a command prompt. Look for the row that reads
Code:
"default gateway . . . . . "
Or it may be physically listed on the router via a sticker.

If that is a success, you can eliminate a hardware problem on your end. You can try doing a hard reset on the router to revert back to the default settings (hold down the reset button on your router for 10 seconds, usually) and if that is still not a success, the router may be faulty and need replacing.

Solution