Wireless Zero Configuration not in services

michaell

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2005

I have a Windows XP Pro workstation that has lost Wireless Zero Configuration
from the list of available services. How can I restore this lost service to
services.msc?
Thanks
Michael

Are you running SP2?

"MichaelL" <MichaelL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows XP Pro workstation that has lost Wireless Zero
>Configuration
> from the list of available services. How can I restore this lost service
> services.msc?
> Thanks
> Michael

Search for netwzc.inf
if present, right click and select install
if not present you will need to use your installation cd

hth

philip ashley

"MichaelL" <MichaelL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows XP Pro workstation that has lost Wireless Zero
>Configuration
> from the list of available services. How can I restore this lost service
> services.msc?
> Thanks
> Michael

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
Look here the first QA: http://ecross.mvps.org/faq.htm
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"MichaelL" <MichaelL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Windows XP Pro workstation that has lost Wireless Zero
Configuration
> from the list of available services. How can I restore this lost service
> services.msc?
> Thanks
> Michael

michaell

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2005

Thanks Jack,
Thats exactly what I was looking for. Couldn't find that info in the MS
knowledge base??? I'm back in business.
Thanks again,
Michael