Question wiring money

shaharhada

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
  1. What is wiring money?
  2. What is prepaid card? What are the examples of those?
  3. and What is cash reload card? What are example of cash reload cards exist?
Tech support scammers want you to believe you have as serious problem with your computer, like a virus. They want you to pay for tech support services you don’t need, to fix a problem that doesn’t exist. They often ask you to pay by wiring money, putting money of a gift card, prepaid card or cash reload card, or using a money transfer app because they know those types of payments can be hard to reverse.
https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/how-spot-avoid-report-tech-support-scams

Thanks for who that help by replying.

USAFRet

Titan
  1. Sending money via some electronic means, instead of physically mailing a check or cash. Scammers like this because it is usually not reversible from your end
  2. A gift card....I can go into my local grocery store, and buy any of 50 types of prepaid cards. Visa, iTunes, Amazon. Load it with whatever money I choose. Give the scammer the card number, and he can spend it. Not reversible
  3. A card that you can add (reload) money to. Visa/Mastercard and Amazon do this easily.

Reactions: shaharhada

shaharhada

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
  1. Sending money via some electronic means, instead of physically mailing a check or cash. Scammers like this because it is usually not reversible from your end
  2. A gift card....I can go into my local grocery store, and buy any of 50 types of prepaid cards. Visa, iTunes, Amazon. Load it with whatever money I choose. Give the scammer the card number, and he can spend it. Not reversible
  3. A card that you can add (reload) money to. Visa/Mastercard and Amazon do this easily.
Thanks.

shaharhada

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
wiring money is like using Western Union.
prepaid card is a debit card not linked to any bank account that has cash amount added to it.
cash reload card is the same as previous but can be reloaded with more cash as time goes by.

you should probably ask your parents about this if you're still unsure.
O.K. What is the meaning of the word spot/spotting in the titles of the article?

shaharhada

Reputable
Jul 27, 2020
wiring money is like using Western Union.
prepaid card is a debit card not linked to any bank account that has cash amount added to it.
cash reload card is the same as previous but can be reloaded with more cash as time goes by.

you should probably ask your parents about this if you're still unsure.
"How To Spot..."

How to see, identify.
One more question about the title:
Online ads and listings in search results pages
What are listings? What are online listings?

TRENDING THREADS