[SOLVED] Witcher 3 Bad Performance

Jan 30, 2019
Hi guys,

I currently have and i5 4690k(Planning on getting Ryzen 7 2700x) and a RTX 2070.

Ive seen people on youtube having around 75-80 fps with the same processor and a 1080 which is a similar card, on max settings. Im only getting around 45-60 fps. I cant figure out why.

Do you have any ideas ?

Cheers

Solution
are you on the latest drivers from nvidia?
https://www.geforce.com/drivers

I will say this, not only is your CPU 4th gen which is kind of old by today's standards, it's an i5 which doesn't help you in regards to open world games like W3. This could be what's holding you back, and how others are getting better fps with the same CPU would lead me to believe that either they are lying about their hardware in the videos, they are overclocking A LOT and not showing that, they are overclocked to a level that you are not, or there is an issue with software on your end.
Jan 30, 2019

Yeah im running the same clocks on the same res (1080p). I have not checked specifically for the AA. Ill see for that now. But even then I think 45-60 would be really low for the 2070, no ?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
are you on the latest drivers from nvidia?
https://www.geforce.com/drivers

I will say this, not only is your CPU 4th gen which is kind of old by today's standards, it's an i5 which doesn't help you in regards to open world games like W3. This could be what's holding you back, and how others are getting better fps with the same CPU would lead me to believe that either they are lying about their hardware in the videos, they are overclocking A LOT and not showing that, they are overclocked to a level that you are not, or there is an issue with software on your end.

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

LOL. Poorly seated GPU. Hopefully there was no damage caused by that. Glad to see that it all worked out.

Jan 30, 2019

No damage. Im just an idiot. Its performing way better than I expected it to with this cpu.