Witcher 3 having severe stuttering and latency issues

soldier5637

Distinguished
May 7, 2013
Hey guys, so my PC runs, or has up until this point, The Witcher 3 very well. Maxed out, 60 FPS or more. But I go to play a few days ago and the whole game is super slow, full of stutters and mouse latency. All other games run fine, just this one suddenly. Im running a GTX 970 & FX 6300. Anyone else experiencing this and/or know how to fix it?

Solution

I'm on GoG specifically because it has no cloud / DRM. Your gamefiles should be stored in C:\Users\username\documents\The Witcher 3

Make a zipped copy of the folder before uninstalling just in case... but I have reinstalled twice now w/o losing anything

soldier5637

Distinguished
May 7, 2013
VSync is on. You really cant tell just how bad it is from those videos because you cant see how bad the lag is to do anything with he mouse. I might move my character to the right in the video, but in reality I did that a whole second or two ago. Im bewildered that this is so sudden and happening seemingly without reason as it was great before.

I'm on GoG specifically because it has no cloud / DRM. Your gamefiles should be stored in C:\Users\username\documents\The Witcher 3

Make a zipped copy of the folder before uninstalling just in case... but I have reinstalled twice now w/o losing anything

Solution